je suis...

"We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved." I saw that in a friend's blog and thought it seemed rather relevant.

I'm quite dysfunctional when it comes to expressing feelings. To love is essentially what makes us human. I grew up in a dysfunctional family, love is pretty foreign and strange to me. I never really reacted well when someone expressed their feelings for me. I always panic, even if the feelings were mutual.

I harbour feelings for a certain friend, but I'd rather these feelings never be known. I don't want to make things awkward. These feelings were almost reciprocated. But as usual, all I did was panic and shut down. Although sometimes I wonder what it could've been like if I didn't panic. Then I remember it does not do well to dwell on the maybe and what if's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night