the balancing act



I must get around to making pannacotta again!
One of the few difficulties I've come to realise is that time is often very difficult to devise. As we age, we become increasingly aware of the responsibilities we have to bear and the consequences of our actions. And as a result, we must learn to maintain our obligations and social activities at equilibrium. I've found this to be a particularly difficult task to juggle and I'm still trying to find the status quo.

I recall having this conversation many months ago with a friend from university, he too struggled to find the healthy balance between obligations and social activities. It wasn't until he brought the issue to light that I actually realised this problem existed. If you spend too much time fulfilling obligations, then you end up neglecting friends and vice versa. 

At the present, my obligations have the utmost priority. A friend asked me if I was free to catch up tomorrow, but I had to turn them down. I feel bad because my friend is somewhat lonely. I suppose my friend is the result of social activities constantly being defeated by obligations, it makes me wonder if I should make better use of my time. We all should make the time to connect to people, I mean really talk to people. 


I'm not particularly keen on facebook nor any other social networking platforms, I'd rather actually communicate with someone rather than exchange messages on a virtual wall. I suppose the only exception is if its a friend living abroad. We partake in social networking in order to connect to people, yet we fail to effectively communicate with our friends and family within our reach. Does anyone else see the irony? 


Cosmo tends to fall asleep after indulging in head scratches.
Noddy has enjoyed sitting on all my slippers over the last 8 years.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin