least said, soonest mended


I remember something a friend said to me one time. What if our parents did pressure us to continually better ourselves? My parents never pressured me. In fact, no one ever asked me what I wanted to pursue. Perhaps that explains my complete lack of direction in life. Ask me where I see myself in ten years and I can assure you that I will not have a concrete answer. 

I should like to think that I've become a little more wiser, but sometimes I don't believe that is the case. If anything, I've become a little more assertive. The truth is I've only been primed to react to anger and general rude behavior. I cannot tolerate anger or rude people, I always retaliate. I become quite aloof when someone cries or expresses genuine feelings. I just feel like I lose control of my composure because I don't know how to react to sincerity. I just panic and shut down. I suppose this is the next thing that I need to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night