the fine tooth comb

As we age, we learn from our mistakes. An acquaintance said that taking chances equates to marginally lesser remorse in the long run. Albeit, at first I agreed with their simplistic views. Upon thinking about it further, I realised that such a notion would completely conflict with my personality.

I don't feel comfortable taking a risk without properly and thoroughly thinking it through. I make calculated risks from observations and facts. Sometimes I wish I had the virtue of being simple minded. I've long since realised this could no longer be a reality for me. In some situations, I wished I could be stupid and do what I want. What we want may not always be righteous.

The facade I built still exists today. I feel embarrassed about displaying emotions apart from happiness and anger. I can openly express these two opposite ends of the spectrum. What lies in between is still a constant struggle for me to exhibit. I'm dreading work with the weekend staff after my emotional breakdown last weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night